7daysweek

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dirt Day/ Earth Day


Maimie posing with some of her loot


Just a little light reading


Fun with Margie and Gus

***Thought we might participate in M3's Fashion Challenge Friday since we love watching Ro and Ree choose their outfits over at the Salsa in China blog.***



Ahh, yes. Maimie was turned loose in her room today to choose her clothes. Often she does this on her own, but today I specifically allowed her to choose without offering any suggestions or discouragement. I know, I know, it really was hard for me--control freak that I am. Maimie did pretty well, I guess. First she chose out some new Hello Kitty socks (thanks, Nancy!). Then she grabbed out a pair of busy leggings in a variety of colors. (They are really cute with the little dress that they came with.)


She topped off the outfit with a pink t-shirt sporting a flag printed USA on it. For the hairdo, Maimie said she wanted Chinese hair (pigtails) with twisties. She grabbed a red rose barrett to hold back her wispy bangs that are almost grown out but usually fall out of twisties. At the last moment, Maime added a huge pair of safety goggles that belong to one of the boys to complete the ensemble. Which, of course, was perfect since she really has an almost nonexistant nose bridge.

I promised Maimie that we would plant her little seeds this morning in honor of Earth Day. Yeah, yeah...hug a tree, whatever. She was thrilled! She ran in to grab her gardening gloves, changed her safety goggles to the fish sunglasses, and headed for the door.



The planting was a success. Maimie potted tiny pots of zinnias and strawberries. When Daddy came home for lunch, Maimie showed him what she had planted. She tried to remember what we had planted and I prompted her that one pot had flowers. I asked her if she remembered what we had planted in the second pot. I told her it was something that she liked to eat. So she told her Dad "I planted pudding". Can't wait to see how the pudding plant comes along... heh heh.



7 comments:

M3 said...

Cute outfit!! Ro and Ree always go for the Hello Kitty socks too. :-)

Would it be alright if I link to your site from my Fashion Challenge Friday post?

Anonymous said...

Looks like Maimie had a ball with all her loot and picking out her own outfit. We are also looking forward to the pudding plant--chocolate or vanilla? I have a feeling she will be wanting to plant a garden this summer and play in the dirt all the time!!!
Will be looking for her outfit on the Salsa blog!! By the way, aren't the twins and Maimie just a few days apart in age?
In Christian Love,
Grandma & Grandpa

Donna said...

Hello Kitty goes with EVERYTHING, right? Even gardening gloves!

;)


Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Lisa~~ said...

Hello Kitty socks rock, they're a fave here in our house. Very fun outfit.

DawnS said...

The outfit is totally cute - but those safety glasses - the topping on the cake right there! Love it even more with the gardening accessories - too cute!

Wanda said...

Love the outfit - especially the goggles. Such a creative kiddo!

Wanda
www.atlastmilanascominhome.blogspot.com

Jeff and Amy said...

So glad she seems to be feeling better, what a blessing. I too am a control freak when it comes to my kids clothing, I still try to give my imput with NO success!!!! LOL