7daysweek

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Surprise!

Today we surprised our teens. And that's really no easy task. 


Mikaela and Jacob have been away this week and weekend on a mission trip.  They were scheduled to arrive late this afternoon or early this evening.  Steve picked up Mikaela, Jacob, and all their gear shortly after the bus pulled in to the church parking lot.
And when they turned the corner to come down our street, there was a "little" surprise waiting for them. 



Since Mikaela is about 6 hours from getting her driver's license, and Jacob starts driver's ed in August, we thought maybe it was time to add a third car.  And for a used car, this little beauty just seems...fun.






I'm sure the kids were heartbroken that I wouldn't share my sweet ride with them.  I mean, after all, I do drive a Suburban.  But I'm selfish like that. 




Mikaela and Jacob were definitely surprised.
Oh, and...slug bug silver!

3 comments:

Paige said...

What an awesome car! I can see your daughter loving it! And hey... I drive a suburban too... nothing wrong with that!!!

Unknown said...

oh i love it! I want one of those, but we can't all fit in it...but the do look fun

Anonymous said...

WOW! I would have loved to have seen a photo of the looks on both of their faces when they turned the corner! What a "sweet" surprise! Mikaela will really want to finish her 6 hours now! Can't wait to see it! Anxious to see the license plate!
In Christian Love,
Grandma & Grandpa