7daysweek

Sunday, September 27, 2009

15 years ago


Mikaela at age 3

Fifteen years ago this past Saturday, September 26, Mikaela was born--a bit prematurely. She weighed a mere 5 pounds on the day we took her home from the hospital.


Such a tiny little thing in a pink ruffly dress that she wouldn't grow into for several months. I remember watching her sleep and eat, holding her as much as I possibly could all day. I found such joy in being her mom. I still do.


And now she's 15. Mikaela had a couple of her friends over for a movie and cookies and milkshakes on Friday night. Then on Saturday I took Mikaela and Maimie shopping for some clothes and things for her birthday. We had a simple celebration for supper before Mikaela left for the Cabin. Happy 15th birthday, Mikaela!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 15th Birthday, Mikaela Victoria Beth. I still vividly remember the phone call from your Dad telling me I was a "Grandma". Holding you for the first time when you were only an hour or so old was very special. You were so tiny!
In Christian Love,
Grandma & Grandpa