7daysweek

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A little summer trim?

Mikaela decided to donate her hair to "Locks of Love" last week. She has wanted to do this before, but now seemed a great time. Here are some before and after photos.




The last two weeks have been a blur. Jacob and Joseph attended ICC college for kids classes. They had a lot of fun.


Jacob 's class was building a line-following robot.

Joseph's class was mask making and 3D sculpture.



The mild weather this weekend turned out perfect for a weiner roast. The boys started the fire and made the roasting sticks. It turned out they were too lazy to clean the metal roasting sticks. Maimie insisted on cooking her own hotdog. I'm not sure how cooked it actually was, but she ate it with gusto anyway. Of course everyone's favorite part was the smores.



Maimie loves to play games! I got tired of playing the Winnie the Pooh honey pot game and the grouchy ladybug game and decided to teach her something new. She's really quick and picked up Uno in no time. Now we play several games of Uno every day. Sometimes the whole family gets in on it.


Yesterday Maimie had her hair cut at the shop in Morton where Mikaela and I get our hair done. It was getting pretty scraggly and needed a good cut. Afterwards Lisa french braided the bangs that are growing out, and it was pretty cute.



Last evening after Maimie was put to bed, the rest of the family watched an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation. I, unfortunately, assumed that Maimie remained in bed and fell asleep. After the show, the older kids and I headed upstairs to find Maimie in the bathroom with wisps of hair all over the floor. She had a three inch chunk of hair in her hand. Now before you jump to conclusions about my parenting skills, I must say in my defense that I have been extremely careful about keeping scissors put away from the kids since Mikaela was little. Also, in my defense, Maimie is sneakily quiet when she's up to something.
I asked Maimie if she had cut her hair. (Of course she is the only one in our family with black hair!) She got a very serious look on her face as she nodded her head "yes". I was certain there were no scissors in the bathroom, so I asked her what she used to create her "do". You'll never guess what she used. The boys had left a pair of toenail clippers in the basket on the counter, and she found them. She took a chunk out of the back, but mostly she cut everything around her face, including the bangs we've been growing out for over two years. The worst part was that I had just spent nearly $15 on her haircut earlier that day.

No comments: