Well, our adoption papers have been in China for 5 months now. Even though we were supposed to only have a total of about 6 or 7 months to wait for our referral, things have really been grinding to a halt in China. It looks like it could end up being ANOTHER 6 or more months.
Okay, so you can probably imagine I'm about to pull my hair out and scream at the top of my lungs, followed by bouts of hysterical sobbing and chocolate-induced coma. Wrong! (That was last week.) Instead, I've decided to make a list of the top ten things to do while waiting to bring my daughter home from China.
10. Enjoy getting a good night's sleep every night.
9. Exercise to prepare for toddler-chasing.
8. Start piecing together the beautiful squares for our 100 Good Wishes Quilt.
7. Read more books about China and adoption.
6. Shop for as many baby things as I can--without having any earthly idea about sizes.
5. Grow out my hair (to my waist).
4. Paint and decorate the bedroom my "girls" will be sharing.
3. Accept that "Ni Hao" and "Xie Xie" are as close as I am going to get to being fluent in Mandarin.
2. Continue to have lots of fun with Mikaela, Jacob, and Joseph (Yippee!).
AND: (Drum roll, please)
1. Pray, Pray, and then Pray some more for our referral to come quickly.