7daysweek

Saturday, December 25, 2010

GOT JET LAG?

We.
So.
Do.


My plan was to stay up until 9pm or so then sleep all night.  It was brilliant actually and well thought out,  too.  
But alas, it was not to be.


Welcome home bouquet
Poor Mikaela had a cold on the plane ride home.  By bedtime last evening Maimie and I had it too.  This morning I heard one of the boys sneeze.  All I can figure is that we got it from Saidie, who had a cold when we met her.  



Maimie woke me about 2am after getting about 2 hours of sleep.  She was whining and sniffling and wiping her nose.   Soon Saidie was up crying and afraid.  Even though I put the girls down in our room after that, they didn't get to sleep until about 6am when Saidie finally gave out.  By 6:30 I heard the big kids up downstairs and sent Maimie down with them. 


So, I got up and made breakfast and put lunch in the oven. We made it to our church's Christmas Day service.  It was so amazing to be home and spend time worshipping our Lord with our church family.  So many people told us they had been praying for us and following our blog.  Saidie did pretty well, but seemed a bit overwhelmed. I suppose it's best that way since we aren't planning to let people hold her or touch her much until she bonds securely with us, and particularly with me.


After church we had a gift for each of the kids to open.  After lunch it was all we could do to keep our eyes open.  I worked on laundry all afternoon until the little girls took a nap.  Then I decided to join Steve and Mikaela in a little nap.  We only slept about an hour or two, but I could. not. get. up.  The little girls dragged around and kept whining to sleep some more.  We gave them jelly beans and colored awhile before eating supper.  Tonight we are going to try to watch "The Nativity" and stay up until 9pm again.  We've felt like zombies most of the day, so hopefully tomorrow will be better. 



Thank you to all of our generous friends and family who have brought us goodies to welcome us home.  We feel so blessed. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you guys got the cold and have such awful jet lag. Hopefully in a few days you will be back on schedule! Sure missed spending Christmas with all of you but understand! We continue to pray daily for the bonding to go well and so thankful you made it back safe and sound!
In Christian Love,
Grandma & Grandpa

davesonya said...

Welcome home!
We are so so happy for you!

~Sonya & family

Jeff and Amy said...

What a Merry Christmas......I so enjoyed following your journey. Hope you all get feeling better and that Sadie continues her bonding, what a sweetie:) Hope to meet Sadie and see you and Maimie again sometime.

sunny smiles said...

Be kind to yourself and let your body rejuvenate such as in much resting when you can. You have all been through so much.We are getting over colds ourselves but it is just my husband and myself. I do believe it started with a visit with my grandson...

Paige said...

Jet lag is so hard! I hope you all recover soon, we came home sick with colds as well. You are brave for attempting church... I am finding it really hard to go... Zoe seems to lose all control in such a public place.

Serving the King said...

Oh gracious bless your heart! I am SO stinkin excited for our trip but SOOOOOOOO dreading the re-entry. Ahhhhhh!!