7daysweek

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Walking through the garden.....


You crack me up!



Helping Grandpa open his birthday present


In the past couple of weeks, we've celebrated Grandpa's birthday and visited with Grammie and Aunt Rhonda. Grammie showed Maimie the cutest little "hand game" (for lack of a better term). Funny, I've known Grammie for nearly 4 decades and brought all 4 of my kids around her when they were young. I had never heard this one. I'll try to add a video at the end.


Time with Grammie


Cheesing with Aunt Rhonda

After rolling Mikaela's hair for a trial run of "madrigal hair", Maimie decided she'd like her hair in rollers, too. While Maimie was quick to pose for a photo, Mikaela could not be convinced to join her. Notice Maimie's little fingers in the photo. It looks like she's crossing her fingers. Probably getting ready to tell a fib.


The price of beauty

This past weekend, I decided I couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating for Christmas. Because I'm a decorating Nazi at our house (especially at Christmas), I decided that maybe I should let the kids have their own tree just for fun in our over garage room. ( The room is unfinished, but very usable at this point.) So, we bought a cheap fake tree and the biggest gaudiest multicolored lights we could find. Jacob mentioned he'd like regular bulb ornaments, too. The kids enjoyed decorating their tree and were pleased with how it looked. Mission accomplished.





Mmmm, finger bananas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. So glad you got the video of Mom and Maimie doing the "walk around the garden" hand game. Some of the simplest things give the most pleasure. Sorry Mikaela wouldn't pose with her sister with hair rollers! Just kidding. Love the tree--makes me want to start decorating now. We appreciate your blog and love the photos.
In Christian Love,
Grandma & Grandpa